The following changes to the 2021 calendar have been made in our continuing effort to navigate the Covid-19 pandemic in a way that leans forward but always puts the safety of our Scouts and volunteers first.
In light of the recent encouraging news around immunizations, we are extremely optimistic that the we are beginning to see the light at the end of the tunnel and that a return to more-normal live Scouting events is on its way. That being said, we also believe that the first quarter and into the second quarter of 2021 will likely still be difficult and that we should not plan on live events during that time. As a result, we are making the following changes to the 2021 calendar (more details to come):
- Jan 30 – Council Recognition Banquet will be changed to be a virtual event to recognize our 2020 volunteers, including the 2020 class of Silver Beavers
- Feb 19 – Eagle Banquet will be changed to be a virtual experience designed to recognize the achievements of our 2020 Eagle Scouts, including our Inaugural Class of Female Eagle Scouts
- Wood Badge, originally scheduled for Feb 26-28 & Mar 13-14, will be moved to a date to be determined in late summer or early Fall
- NYLT, originally scheduled for Apr 9-11 & 23-25, will also be moved to a date to be determined in late summer or early Fall
- Cub Scout Resident Camp, originally scheduled for May 28-31, has been canceled for 2021
- Camp Rockefeller Scouts BSA Resident Camp will continue as planned except that it will only offer 3 weeks of camping (June 6-12, June 13-19, and June 20-26). Depending on level of interest, we will consider offering a week of virtual camp again this year.
We appreciate your support of our youth and of the Council as we navigate these unusual days. We are very excited that the day is coming soon when camp will again be filled with young people exploring and learning and sharing the Adventure!