Quapaw Area Council
The Boy Scouts of America, founded in 1910, began serving the Natural State of Arkansas in 1913, when the Little Rock Council was chartered by the National Boy Scout Council. Two years later, the Little Rock Council was reorganized into the Pulaski County Council. By1927, the Pulaski County Council had grown and was rebranded to the present day Quapaw Area Council and became a staple in youth development in Central Arkansas. In 1934, the Scout Council in Jefferson County was split between the Quapaw Area Council and the DeSoto Area Council, which has a council office in El Dorado (Union County). In May 2001, after years of struggling, it was decided that the Eastern Arkansas Area Council was no longer able to continue service. On October 8, 2001, the board of Quapaw Area Council voted to accept the merger proposal of the former East Arkansas Area Council. This merger enlarged the Council from seventeen counties to thirty-three counties. In 2011 the Ouachita Area Council in west central Arkansas, proposed that it merge into the Quapaw Area Council. On October 26, 2011, Quapaw’s executive board approved the request . This merger enlarged the Council from thirty-three counties to its current size of thirty-nine counties.
During COVID-19 Pandemic, Scouting was disrupted and is seeing great success in rebuilding our traditional membership capacity. Currently, the Quapaw Area Council serves approximately 2,000 young men and women with the dedication of about 500 adult volunteers serving the majority of the state of Arkansas. Quapaw Area Council has seen positive membership growth for the past 3 consecutive months and anticipates serving more youth this Fall than in the previous 3 years. Our organization has also been working diligently building relationships with our area educational systems and community leaders.
|2023 3rd Quarter Stakeholder's Report||Download|