The Quapaw Area Council is Here for You
For the safety of our employees, volunteers, and members, the Quapaw Area Council shall support local government and community efforts to slow the spread of COVID-19.
Quapaw Area Council Scout Service Center
Beginning Wednesday, May 20th and until further notice, the Quapaw Area Council will open in a modified format, while adhering to local and state guidelines and health and safety procedures. Volunteers or guests who need to enter the building to conduct business should schedule an appointment by phone (501- 664-4780 ext 0) or email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Appointments should be made at least one day in advance. All appointments will be confirmed the day before they are to take place. This process will adhere to social distancing policies, including wearing a mask and using hand sanitizer upon entering. The upstairs Office and restrooms will not be available for customers.
Staff are available virtually M-F, from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Contact information for support staff, district staff, and all others is available in our Council directory at our Web page.
In general, documentation may be submitted to the Quapaw Area Council via:
- Fax: 501-664-4785
- Email: email@example.com
- Snail mail: 3220 Cantrell Road, Little Rock, AR 72202
Online Membership Payments are available for:
- Membership Payment & Boys’ Life Subscription
- Re-charter Payment
- District Leader and Council registration
Little Rock Scout Shop
We are excited to share that along with curbside pickup, the Scout Shop at Quapaw Area Council Scout Headquarters will OPEN to the public on May 20th.
We will adhere to CDC guidelines, which means:
- A face mask must be worn while in the building, you will not be allowed in the store without one
- Everyone who enters the building must use hand sanitizer immediately upon entering
- Staff and customers must maintain social distancing practices of 6 feet while shopping
- Currently we can only accept credit and debit cards, no cash. Checks and unit accounts may be used as well
- Only eight customers may be in the store at one time, so you may be asked to wait outside until we can safely serve you
- Fitting rooms are closed to ensure the safety of all customers therefore you may try on items over your clothing
- We must maintain a traffic flow for safety, so please follow posted signage
Curbside pickup is available as well. To pick up products from the Quapaw Area Council Scout Shop, please:
- Email orders to Littlerockscoutshop@scouting.org
- Include name and phone number for payments and pickup details
- Please bear with us as we navigate the various requirements to ensure customer and staff safety
- Drop box at the entrance door.
If using a unit account, you will need to be an authorized user. Any questions regarding unit accounts should be directed to the Quapaw Area Council at 501-664-4780.
Order can also be shipped for those who prefer not to come to the store. The Scout Shop offers two-day FedEx delivery, and shipping charges start at $7.50.
Please contact the Scout Shop directly with any questions at 501-663-7157 or visit their Web page.
Status of Council Events
“Keep Scouting Going!” We strongly encourage that districts, units, and council committees to continue using technology to continue with as many of their normally scheduled meetings and events as possible until further guidance is provided by local and state authorities. ZOOM is one FREE resource available for virtual meetings. The FREE option hosts up to 100 participants for up to 40 minutes.
When possible, we encourage events to be rescheduled to a later date. If you are registered for an event that gets postponed, your registration will be transferred to a new date.
Everyday Preventive Measures
Even with important policies in place, it is critical that everyone take everyday preventive actions to help prevent the spread of respiratory diseases:
- Stay home when you feel sick.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth, & wash your hands before and after.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash. If you don’t have a tissue, cough or sneeze into your upper sleeve/elbow, not your hands.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Do not share personal items such as cups, water bottles, eating utensils, etc.
- Avoid shaking hands. A Scout salute or wave will suffice.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.
Should you have any questions or concerns about a specific upcoming event or activity, please reach out to your District Executive. We will do everything we can to answer your question using the information available to us.
Keep Scouting Safe!