National Youth Leadership Training
Are You a Rising Leader? Give Your Leadership a Boost!
National Youth Leadership Training (NYLT) is Scouting’s premiere youth leadership development program. NYLT provides Scouts and Venturers with experiences and tools for becoming great leaders. The skills learned through NYLT will benefit you as you lead in your unit and throughout your life.
March 10-12 and March 31-April 2, 2023
What is NYLT?
- Six days across two weekends
- Intense, fun, hands-on, and challenging
- Develops skills such as:
- problem solving
- presentation making
- team development
- working with adults and youth
- ethical decision-making.
- Models a month in the life of a youth-led troop using the patrol method
- Each participant has the opportunity to act as Patrol Leader.
- Patrols prepare a presentation on “The Quest for the Meaning of Leadership”
Who Should Attend?
- First Class Scout or above between the ages of 13 and 18 on March 10, 2023.
- Venturers under 21 on March 10, 2023.
- Rising leaders who want to supercharge their leadership skills.
- Current or future Senior Patrol Leaders, Patrol Leaders, Troop Guides, etc.
- Those who can train others in their units
- Unit Leader approval is required
The course fee includes a course T-shirt, patch, training materials, food, lodging, loads of challenges and lots of FUN! Space is limited to the first 48 applicants.